Friday, December 28, 2007

My First Appointment - 11 weeks 6 days


Today I had my first Prenatal Dr. Appointment! I really wasn't sure what to expect but hoped to see a picture of our baby. Up until this point Chris would always say that I wasn't pregnant (even though I took 4 tests!) and I was happy to finally tell him to believe it.

The first thing I had to do was give a urine sample - and people I am happy to announce that this sample took a total of about 3 minutes and NOT an hour and 15 minutes like my random drug test at Nationals for my college softball team.

Then the midwife was going over my health history, etc with me and she gave me a bag of goodies with some samples and a nice book. After going over that I had my yearly exam and then finally the best part - we were able to see the sonogram. We saw the baby moving and waving and kicking. Looks like it is active already. You could also see the eyes and lips and spine. It was so cool! And Then we were able to hear the heartbeat. I just couldn't stop smiling!

Well I posted some pics so you could see what we saw. Looks like I am going to be leaving the 1st trimester tomorrow and entering the 2nd. Enjoy the pictures!


1 comment:

Renee said...

A baby room theme and sonogram pictures already? You are too cute, Alibob. :) So glad that all is well with Little Snyder Baby!