It's a day early but tomorrow Camden will be 14 months old. This age certainly is fun but it is also exhausting. I need a recording of myself saying "Ah Ah Ah Camden!!" because it seems like he is way more into things that Alex ever was at this age. He has been throwing some tantrums lately too. When he wants me to pick him up he'll flap his wings like a bird and hold on to my legs until I pick him up. If I take something away that he wants he'll get upset but he is easily redirected which is good!
He continues to be such a good eater! In fact, he eats so well and when we praise him Alex wants praised too so him eating his veggies/meat is encouraging Alex too as well! For sleeping he is still usually taking 2 naps on non preschool days. His sleeping through the night is still hit or miss. Last night he did. The night before he didn't. I just never know. He has 4 new teeth coming in - two molars and one of each side of his front two teeth.
Like I said before he definitely keeps us on our toes. He's a climber, something Alex never did. I'm waiting for the day when he figures out how to climb out of his crib. He is also able to stand on his tippy toes and reach up to the table, counter, etc. So now nothing is even safe on the table unless it's in the middle! He also learned how to open up the toilet seat. Before if it was down he wouldn't mess with it but now that he figured out how to lift it his favorite thing to do is stick his hands in the toilet. So now we've also introduced washing his hands like a big boy under the pouring water with lots of soap instead of just wet wipes.
He is saying a few more words: fish (for goldfish), fest (for breakfast) and he now imitates ducks by quacking, continues to bark when he sees a dog, does the monkey sound, and still roars like a lion. When he sees Elmo he'll say "la la la la la la" because I sing the Elmo song yet he doesn't really watch Sesame Street. We have some Elmo DVD's that Titi got for Alex and I am sure Camden will LOVE them!
This is Camden in a nutshell
LOVES being outside
Loves playing ball (and he throws already overhand...I just taught Alex to throw overhand because she's always thrown underhand)
Likes listening to the birds outside
Loves to play with blocks
Still loves the vacuum and cords
Loves those little fruit/veggie pouches
LOVES popcicles (probably because it's really the only sweet thing he eats/drinks besides fruit)
Loves destroying anything Alex is playing with. He's good at that!
He loves jumping on the couch and I'm trying to sit him down every time so he knows not too (exhausting!)
For a while he was lifting the big piece of wood in between our living room and entry way (Chris had to nail it down!)
Loves getting into the cabinets (and emptying them out!)
Likes playing with cars, trucks, or anything with wheels!
LOVES animal books
Loves climbing stairs
He climbs onto the train table
Loves baths and likes to stick his head in the water which I try to keep him from doing!
LOVES the swings at the park and just recently I let him walk on part of the equipment and guess what happened when I took him down...tantrum....redirected to the swings and he was fine!
He is also walking really well. He prefers to walk instead of crawl and is walking faster and faster...in a few more months he'll probably be running. Oh joy.
That's our little man! I still consider him to be a really good baby (or toddler). Sure he has his tantrums and is into EVERYTHING but he is just in that exploring phase and is learning so much of what he can and cannot do.
Camden loved crawling in and out of the infant seat and would just sit in it. I washed the fabric because I am looking to get rid of it now that we don't use it anymore
One of his favorite spots....The plastic container cupboard
This is how he gets up...
And then he stands....and usually holds onto the house and bops up and down with a smile from ear to ear
Camden actually staying seated in the tub. I've tried giving him lots of toys to play with so he forgets that he loves standing up!
I'm looking forward to what he'll accomplish in the next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment