Monday, May 12, 2008

One last pre-baby trip

Chris and I in front of the White House
At the Capitol
On the steps of the Capitol
Chris at the Capitol
On our guided tour in the Old House of Reps room

This past weekend Chris and I were able to get away on one last pre-baby trip. We had decided about a month ago that we wanted to take a trip somewhere on one of the only free weekends I had in my schedule. May is PACKED with STUFF! I think that pretty much from now until about June 20 I have something to do every day! It may just be an appointment, baby classes, etc but wow am I busy! So we both took a day off of work Friday and traveled to Washington DC for a mini trip.



Although it did rain a bit we both had a wonderful time. I really enjoy going on trips like this with Chris because he loves going into those museums and is so interested in history. We visited some of the Smithsonian museums - the Air and Space museum, the Art museum, the Indian museum, and the Natural History museum which was by far my favorite.



We also walked around the "mall" area - where the Washington Monument is, the White House, and the Capitol. We did a quick tour in the Capitol and also went to the aquarium and the Holocaust Museum. We had some really good lunches and dinners and just had a really good time. We were metro pros by the end of the weekend and wished we would have started out Friday by taking the metro from place to place. By Sunday we were sitting on every bench we saw because our feet were so tired!!!



But overall - it was a great trip. Someone even gave up their seat for me on the subway since they saw I was pregnant. Haha - I mean I could have stood up but it was a nice thought!!



I will write again possibly later this week. I have a Dr. appt so I will update with that and a 32 week (can you believe it!!) picture. I keep telling everyone that right now I definately feel like I have a bowling ball hanging out in my stomach!


No comments: