On Thursday we went to Alexandra's 6 month appointment. I never look forward to going because of the shots. This time I really didn't even need to worry. Her development is right on with height and weight and all other parts seem to be working just as they should. It's amazing how much she accomplished in a few months. Sitting better on her own, rolling over (almost both ways!) She almost rolled over this weekend from her back to her front...she was sooooooooo close...her whole body was over except for her head. And today she even did something new - she pushed herself up from her stomach to her knees. She didn't go anywhere and didn't stay there long but she is doing the correct motions to get her ready for crawling..........UH OH! I suppose that soon days of me letting her chill out on a blanket are over while I do dishes or cook.
And this time she was great with the shots. She got 5 shots total - 4 vaccines and 1 flu and I was expecting the tomato face and constant crying. I was kissing her forehead as she was getting her shots to make her feel better. Well she cried for like 2 seconds (a wahh wahh) and then was done! I kept telling her how brave she was. She even had a smile on her face after I was clapping and telling her that.
This time also there was no fussiness afterwards either. None whatsoever! No temperature either (last time she had a temp and was rather fussy the next day). I was going to be happy that there were no shots until 12 months but we do have to go back next month to get the next flu shot. I decided just to have her get it with her other shots since she was going to in pain anyways.
I will keep the updates coming as they happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment