Sunday, February 15, 2009

7 months old!

As I was getting ready to type this post I was browsing around some of my friends' blogs and it seems that some other little ones are turning yet another month older around this time of the month. Alex just turned 7 months today and each month I always say.....I can't believe she is another month older.

I will "officially" call her a sitter now! For the past few weeks she could sit up a little but would tumble after a minute or so. Now, I could leave the room and come in and she will still be sitting. She is content playing with toys in this new position, especially playing "ball" (video coming later!).
I am in no way trying to train her to become a softball player but hey if she likes ball that would be great. I did, however, buy her a softee bat and ball (but mostly because it had Tigger and Pooh on it!)

I also saw two little white spots on her lower gums which means maybe she is FINALLY getting some teeth. She bites so hard that sometimes I think she might gnaw her little tiny fingers off.

Today I also introduced her to a new fascination - the laundry basket. I took her on a laundry basket ride through the house. She loved it. She sat in the basket and smiled as she held onto the sides as I pulled her around the rooms. Then afterwards she just sat in the basket and played.

Today I was also putting away some clothes and diapers that are a stage 3(I was still unwrapping diapers that my friends from work got me for my shower) and in the bottom of the pile I found a newborn diaper. As I looked at it I just was in awe about how small it was. And yes, she did wear those but looking at them now it's hard to picture her so small again. I decided to keep that newborn diaper as a reminder. And I was thinking.....I want another one now. But then I came back to my senses and realized how busy I REALLY would be if that happened so I guess we'll stick to our plan of waiting another year!

I will post more pictures later but here are 7 things about our little bug.

1. I love how excited she gets when Chris or I enter a room.
2. She is fascinated with the remote control and cell phone.
3. She works so hard on her tummy to scooch around and get things that are out of her reach.
4. She truly just has a wonderful personality!
5. I just love cuddling with her and love seeing how comfortable she looks as I cuddle with her.
6. I love how she kicks her feet when she gets excited.
7. She is really beginning that exploration phase and is interested in everything. It's time to start baby proofing!!!!!!!!!!

Happy 7 month birthday Alex!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ali,
I love the picture of Alex on the top of your blog. So stinkin cute!