Tuesday, April 14, 2009

FINALLY updating!

I know...I know...it's been 2 weeks (or more!) I can see on other people's blogs that I have not updated my Alex blog in a while. That is because of this little thing I like to call GRADUATE WORK! Ugh! Every night I am on the computer doing a blog for that or I am updating my school blog or webpage. In two weeks my grad class will be over and I will have some more free time. I am really enjoying what I am learning in my class and have been using some of what I learned with my class but it just keeps me busy.

So what is the little tyke up to these days?? Well here are some recent developments...

  • Unless she is entertained she does not like being on her back anymore unless she puts herself there
  • diaper changes are getting harder as she is twisting and turning...I find a tube of butt paste a brush, or some other object to hold works best....BUT NOT THE IPOD that she loves to grab!
  • She pulls herself up to stand now
  • In her crib too...haha...good thing we moved the mattress down!
  • She is self feeding herself little snack puffs
  • She now makes it known when she does NOT like something (she has turned into a crabby patty at times!)
  • She still doesn't crawl totally yet - she crawls a few steps
  • She is mobile though - she goes from sitting to knees and crawls a few steps, then to her tummy, then back to her sitting
  • she no longer gets made and flops like a fish or skydiver when she is on her tummy because she has figured out how to get back to sitting
  • If you say "wave bye-bye" she will do it (and will not stop for about an hour! haha)
  • I think she thinks our lamp is a person because she looks up at it and waves at that too
  • She claps when she does something she is proud off (ie...we were rolling the ball back and she claps when she rolls it back - probably because I clap every time too!)
  • She will play pat-a-cake if I ask her to
  • She is in that "I don't want to be away from mommy phase"
  • When she gets mad she arches her back and protests (which I read is perfectly normal and most babies that age do that - thank goodness)
  • She is waking up constantly again - ugh! I thought as they get older they are supposed to sleep MORE!!!

That is her in a nutshell...I am sure I am forgetting some stuff but I will try to update more often later!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: alex
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hit the jackpot with discovering the cupboards. My access was just denied a few days ago when daddy put plastic things inside the doors to keep me from opening them anymore. BUMMER! Enjoy while you can...

Gretchen said...

She is so cute. That's so funny that she waves at your lamp! I love the slideshow, too. You have a really organized cabinet, by the way!