Because we are moving this week Chris has been off this whole week. Needless to say we have been doing ALOT of work trying to move by Friday. (more to come about that!) But we also found some time to go and spend some quality "family time" doing some things with Alexandra the past few days. We went to the Hershey Zoo (ZooAmerica) and to the park the other day when it was beautiful outside.
At the zoo Alexandra just loved the animals. She continued to wave to them and giggle when they would run around - especially the prairie dogs. It is a good thing though that she is so young, otherwise I may have had to give the birds and the bees talk because when we went to see the bears they were partaking in some - well - let's just say - it must be mating season and they didn't care who witnessed it! I think it was funnier hearing people's reactions to this as they looked at the bears. One lady joked that they should "get a room". A teenage girl said she couldn't wait to tell her mom what happened at the zoo. I just thought to myself...........thank goodness the bears were not doing this on June 1st on my first grade field trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I may have been in some awkward situation with some innocent first grader saying.........."Mrs. Snyder...............Why are those bears doing that??" Phew!
We came back from the zoo and did some things around the house and then went to the park in the evening. Alexandra got to swing on the baby swings, on a swing with Daddy, and he also took her down the slide. She also enjoyed watching people play volleyball and of course just watching people! I predict that in 20 years Alexandra will just go to the mall and sit on the bench just to people watch!
Below are some pictures from our fun day out!
No comments:
Post a Comment