Well we have been in our new house now for a little over a week and I am happy to say that everything is unpacked except for a box of clothes in our bedroom and our paintings downstairs in the living room. The first week we moved in we spent unpacking while Alex was napping, in bed, and I even tried while she was awake but found it pretty hard to do!!! She loved standing up and holding on to all of the boxes. I never really got a chance to do major cleaning because I wanted to get everything unpacked. So one of these nights I am going to have a cleaning night and really clean the whole house. The house wasn't dirty to begin but I want to do little things like use the magic eraser on the kitchen cabinets, do the windows, etc. Our house is not totally decorated yet either. Some of our windows need curtains or blinds, we are getting new furniture soon, and some other small things. It's a process as anyone who has already moved knows. But here are a few pictures of the new house.
A view from the back. Ours is the one with the deck with the white gate. The deck is larger than it looks.
The front of our house. It looks really skinny from the outside but once you come in you'll see it's very spacious. Bigger than our old house. 3 Bedrooms (although really it is 2 bedrooms and 1 loft which we are using as a guest BR/office, )2 full baths, 1 half bath, 1 car garage, and a basement.

Our walk in closet is off of the bathroom. It's kind of weird that you walk into the bathroom to get to the closet but it works for us. And it came with these neat organizers so our closet is very organized right now!!
Another view of the closet
When you walk into our master bath this is what you see (minus me in the mirror!) The closet is off to the right.
Our master bath
Another view. Eventually we want to redo the bathroom by changing the cabinets/lighting, etc. Baby steps. Right now it works for us. We love the big tub. I foresee many bubble baths in my future!
Our bedroom. We need to figure out where to put the comcast box since we have a flat screen TV. The Home Depot box houses it right now but I really don't want that as part of our bedroom decor! Plus that is the box I talked about earlier that needs to be unpacked. We also got a new mattress set so our bedding set is old. We moved to a queen and the comforter is a full. Luckily I had a set of queen sheets already. Next, we need to go buy a new bedding set.
Another view
Guest Bathroom. I need to put nails in the wall to tie back our curtain but it's not something major that needs to get done this instant. This is also "Alex's bathroom" and will possibly get some kid-friendly decor in the future. Hey we used what we had - and at least she has her Elmo mat in the tub and all of her toys.
The view from our back deck. This area is a "common area" so it's not really technically our yard. We can use it for throwing ball, playing, etc but we wouldn't put a swing set or anything out there. Bummer. At least Alex will have her Little Tykes slide/swing play thing on our deck. I also need to put down some interlocking foam squares so she can play out there. Right now she would just get splinters. We also have room on our deck for our patio table and chairs which is nice.
My kitchen. Yes it's small but feels bigger because it is a walk through kitchen. I like the cabinets (minus the ugly gold knobs which WILL be replaced!) But it has a wood floor - LOVING that way more better than my white laminate that was at our old house. It also has counters that I want to eventually replace. Actually, those of you who work at NBE - it is the exact same counter top that we have there. EW! That's fine for school but not for my kitchen!!!!!!
Another view - I really like the recessed lighting in the kitchen and the fact that I can do dishes and keep an eye on Alexandra. I really like the open floor plan. In my last house my kitchen was a little cubby space secluded from the living room.
One more view. This is also the housing station for my laptop. Actually right next to the sink there is an outlet underneath so I may get a stool and put it there - then I can see the TV and living room while typing.
Our dining room and sun room. Notice no curtains. Great lighting but it gets hot when the sun shines in. There are also sky lights too so this will be great in the winter for heating the house but in the summer - hot hot hot when the sun beats down.
3 comments:
WOW! I'm impressed with how much you accomplished in a week. The house looks great. Congrats!
You are just like me....gotta get everything in its place as soon as possible, huh? :) I love your house!! I love all the natural light that you have now...it's just like ours. It makes a house seem so much bigger and nicer when sunshine can flow through. Your kitchen is awesome, too! I bet you are loving it!
Looks like a really nice place! I'm impressed with everything being unpacked!
Post a Comment