Thursday, August 22, 2013

Disney World 2013

We just returned a week ago from our Disney World vacation. We all had a great time! This trip was different from our trip 2.5 years ago so that was nice that we got to experience some different things.

Saturday: Day 1
We got our vacation off to an early start by waking at 4 am to get to the airport by 5:30. In my mind I was thinking the kids may be super tired when they woke up but who was I kidding. They were so chipper and well, I guess I'd rather have super excited kids than cranky kids at that hour. 



Alex, Camden, Nana, and I waited in the airport and checked in as Chris and Papa parked the car. Camden loved his backpack. In the second picture he is all ready to get onto the plane. Once on the plane he sat there very nicely while we waited for everyone to get on. Alex enjoyed sitting between Nana and Papa on the flight down. Camden was entertained by the iPad for a lot of the trip. And then as about 8:00 am approached....he crashed! We had a very peaceful ride down to Florida!!

Next, when we got to Orlando we had to go get on the Disney Magical Express - a bus that takes us to our resort. This is where I had mistake number one of the trip: I left my booklet on the plane as I was rearranging my bag. So we got a printable paper to get on the bus but we were not able to replace the booklet full of coupons and vouchers that I left on the plane. Boo! Oh well. I wouldn't let this ruin our day. 

Our Resort: Art of Animation 



We stayed at the Art of Animation Resort that had different rooms based on films such as Cars, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, and The Little Mermaid. We stayed in the Little Mermaid Room. 

When we arrived at the resort we took it easy and waited for our luggage to arrive. Once at the airport we didn't have to worry about our luggage...it was delivered to the hotel for us. We explored a bit and then once Aunt Tricia, Uncle Bob,and Alyssa arrived a bit later Nana and I took the girls swimming while the boys golfed.

Then after they got back from golfing we headed to Magic Kingdom for the evening. I was as excited to go as the kids. I just love it there.We were able to ride some rides,eat some dinner, and catch some of the fireworks before we left. 







Sunday: Day 2

On Sunday we woke up and had breakfast at our resort. The went back to Magic Kingdom and spent most of the day there. We arrived mid morning and rode a lot of rides and then the girls had their hair, make-up, and nails done at the Bibbidy, Bobbidy, Boutique. Both girls dressed as Rapunzel but I had forgotten to pack Alex's accessories like her wand and crown and jewelry. She didn't really even mind because she was happy just getting her hair done. Although, now I am told by her that next time she wants to pick her "style". I picked out for her to have a bun because it came with a little tiara (which broke before we even left for the week). When it was time for her to get her nails done I let her pick what color she wanted because I felt really bad that she really wanted a different hairstyle. I told her if we ever do it again she can pick everything out herself!!!

After the Boutique she was referred to as "Princess" for the rest of the day by cast members who worked at the park. Following her hair,nails,and makeup she had a private photo shoot.


Following the photo shoot we had dinner in Cinderella's castle. The girls had their picture taken with Cinderella and then we headed up for a very delicious dinner!! While we were at dinner Ariel, Snow White, Jasmine, and Aurora came over to our table and signed autographs, took pictures, and talked with the girls. 


Hollywood Studios


We spent a day at Hollywood Studios.  Although seeing how special effects are done in the movies is neat for adults it proved to be quite scary for Alex and Camden. Lots of booms, pretend earthquakes with water falls, fire, and pretend gun shots are not for some children! They did enjoy the play land from "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" In the evening we had dinner at Hollywood and Vine which gave us special seating to the Fantasmic show. Too bad we missed that because we figured that my kids would be scared because of the loud noises. 

We went to the Disney Junior Live show which the kids loved. They saw characters from Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins, and Sofia the First.

When we left Hollywood Studios we had to run super fast out of the park...we got caught in a major thunderstorm!! We sprinted out to our bus stop and then it started pouring down rain, thundering, and lightening. Camden was crying because he was so scared, I was soaking wet, actually we ALL were soaking wet, and we finally got smart and got some ponchos when we got back. It rained practically 
every day we were there. It was usually just a quick shower and then done but we definitely got wet a few times. 

I didn't get many pictures here because really the kids were scared of more than they liked! But here are a few pictures of the Disney Junior Live show. 

Epcot 

Last time when we were at Disney we were able to spend a day at Epcot riding some rides, seeing attractions, and walking through each country showcase. This time around we weren't really able to explore the countries as much as we wanted to but we did get to eat two really nice dinners in Italy and Germany.

One thing the kids really did like was the Finding Nemo ride and then walking through the aquarium. They saw fish, sharks, sting rays, a sea turtle, sea horses, and lots of fish! Alex wanted to ride the "Figment" ride as she calls it, because she remembered it from when she was 2.5.

One thing we found out was Camden was scared to death of the fireworks at night. The Illuminations show of fireworks took place each night at 9, which seemed to be the time we finished dinner. I knew they may be too loud for Camden but he was so scared that he had to be taken back into the restaurant in the far back until they were over. On the second night we were there we got out at dinner at about 8:50 and we strapped Camden in the stroller and RAN out of Epcot. He was screaming, when they went off but we kept on going and once we got far enough away he was ok. We sure did get our exercise that night because it was a long run!

On the second evening at Epcot we broke into different groups and met up for dinner. Alex and Camden were able to see Tigger and Pooh and get their autographs. Although we waited almost 40 minutes past our reservation time for dinner it still ended up being a nice time. The food was really good and the kids enjoyed listening and dancing to a German band play a live show.

Camden also liked seeing the trains outside of Germany and didn't want to leave! (Surprise, surprise!)


Typhoon Lagoon

One day we also made it to Typhoon Lagoon, which was a really nice water park. Chris and I wanted to get out early so we took the kids and got to the water park before it even opened. We waited in line for the doors to open and when they did everyone just started running in all directions to get good seats. We did the same, splitting up trying to find a nice place to sit (with shade if possible!) and Chris found the perfect place:  A cabana right next to the kids area. It was a great spot - we were able to stay in the shade when we needed, it was close to the kids, and it kept us dry while it rained!

I really wish I would have been able to take more pictures but put my phone in a locker. Plus it was hard to be watching the kids and having my phone in my hand (in the water) so I only got a few!

The kids LOVED the little kid raft ride in the kids' area. They giggled and laughed every time they went down. We also enjoyed going down the lazy river and hanging out in the wave pool. The girls went down a few other raft and body slides and everyone but Camden and I made a final trip down the big family slide. We would have joined but he fell asleep on my shoulder in line! So we headed to the cabana where he got a short power nap.

If we ever go back I'd love to go back Typhoon Lagoon - it was a lot of fun!


Animal Kingdom 

The kids always have a fun time at Animal Kingdom because they love Animals. Some of our favorite rides include the Jungle Cruise, the Safari Ride, and the kids loved going over to Dino Land and digging for fossils.We got on a train to go look at more animals and visit the petting zoo and had a nice character breakfast at a restaurant in the Africa section.

It's been a month since we returned....I'm sorry the details are not very good! =) Now for some pictures!




Magic Kingdom 

Magic Kingdom was definitely our favorite place to be. We spent a total of 2.5 days just in Magic Kingdom and didn't even get to do everything we wanted to do. I rode a roller coaster and loved it!



Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a slideshow design


Our Disney vacation was a great time! Alex is already asking when we can go back! 

No comments: