Tuesday, August 27, 2013
First Day of Kindergarten
Today was a big day - Alex had her first day of Kindergarten.. She woke up excited for her first day. I decided that I wanted to start a tradition with the kids on the first day of school and take them to breakfast on the first day. I would have loved to go to a nice breakfast restaurant like Hanks (a very popular spot near our house for breakfast that Chris loves!) but I figured next year when she'll be catching the bust at 8:30 it may be hard to accomplish. So I decided Dunkin Donuts for a doughnut would suffice. Every time we go there we go through the drive through so Alex was just excited to go in and sit down and eat.
So after our breakfast we did some errands and then came home for lunch. I am getting our timing down and trying to work out a schedule that works for us. It's nice with her being in PM kindergarten because we can go out around 9 am, not worry about rushing, and go to playgroup, errands, or other activities and be home in time to get a bite to eat and get ready for school.
For the first day we drove her to school and was able to get a picture of her walking in. She never turned around! She was excited to go!!
When she got off of the bus we were asking her a bunch of questions but she wasn't really giving any answers. Finally, the morning after her first day she told me everything she did. I can't wait to see what she did today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment