Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our Little Soccer Player!


Alex is playing soccer again this season but this season we are trying a new program out. She started her first year at 4 with Soccer Shots at preschool. Last Spring we signed her up for a different program but I was looking for something a little different I guess. This Fall, I think I found it. She's playing in the West Chester United Soccer Club and it seems a little more competitive, which I wanted. I wanted her to learn more skills and have as smaller instructor-child ratio than she had at the other program.

Each week we have one practice where the U6 teams work in small groups with instructors learning a few new skills. They then practice the skills and end the practice with a small scrimmage against another team. Then on Saturdays we have games. The games really wear the girls out! Our team only has 6 players and they play 3 vs. 3 for games. The games are about 45 minutes so that's a lot of running for the girls but it also means that when they are on the field they are all actively involved. At this age it's more like magnet ball - you know, wherever the ball is there are 6 girls around it. I'm sure as they go through the program they'll learn about positions, passing, and spreading out!

She is in the  U6 division this year (and is a younger one) but is doing really well. She is on a team with her friend Emma so that is great. So far she has played 5 games and has 16 goals.Now in some of the games her team scores 9 goals a game but she has been averaging about 4 goals a game. Her team is doing really well and so far they are undefeated. 

I  really do enjoy going to watch her play. It's been great watching her get in there and hustle and try her best. As she moves through this program I hope she learns even more skills and continues to grow as a player, while continuing to love playing. 

Go Kansas City Sporting! 



No comments: