Another fast one was pulled on me! On Tuesday we were supposed to have a faculty meeting after school but instead it ended up being no meeting at all but instead a surprise shower for me from my co-workers at NBE. And let me tell you - I had NOOOO idea!!
I am a punctual person and usually arrive 5 minutes early for our meetings. Well it was getting close to 3 and I was about to head down when the teachers down the hall came into my room and were talking to me about different things. Then they insisted they needed to find my blog at that instant...although I said "I can give you the address after the meeting". I was afraid we were going to be late. They responded....oh if we walk in as a group it won't matter. At this point it was a few minutes after 3 and I was getting antsy and starting get really nervous!! I said "I don't want to get in trouble!" Well finally, about 5 after we headed down to the meeting and debated over who would enter the meeting late first. Everyone suggested me because they thought I wouldn't get in trouble because I'm pregnant. Haha. Well I walked about 10 steps ahead of the group and was sweating at this point.....we got to the Library and I peered in and started walking in ready to have everyone involved in the meeting staring at me........Well they weren't staring because I was late....they were staring because they were all there ready to surprise me with a shower. I didn't even see the cake, food, and pink tablecloth at first. I was a little in awe!! But needless to say it was very sweet and very thoughtful of everyone to think of me! And good job stalling me my first and second grade friends!!!
The staff was VERY generous as they got our high chair that we registered for as a gift for Chris and I. Plus a yummy cake, snacks, and some pretty flowers to decorate the tables. So if I haven't already said it enough.............THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR THOUGHTFULNESS AND GENEROSITY!!!!!! NBE is the BEST!
No comments:
Post a Comment