Friday, April 11, 2008

Glucose appointment and end of 2nd trimester

Hello all - Well I had my glucose appointment today. I didn't have to take a day off of school either which was nice. So I went in - got in right away - and didn't know what to expect of this drink that everyone said I had to drink. I got a choice of lemon lime or orange (I'm an orange girl) and well lets just say that those of you who know me know I LOVE sugar so this drink tasted like a melted ice pop.....I almost asked for 2nds because it was good! HAHA - everyone else I talk too says oh my its sooooooo sweet.

So I sat out in the waiting room for an hour but really it only seemed like a half hour because I was doing schoolwork and reading. Then when I got called back in and the girl took my blood she asked "so did the hour seem like a long time?" I said no, I just did schoolwork. She said, oh how long are you home for? And I said.....no I'm not in college - I teach first grade! Haha....I said...I know I could pass as a college student, maybe even high school. She said well college maybe....then asked me how old I was. I said 27 and she said she was guessing I was 21 or 22! I just said...well I guess when I get older and I look younger I will like that I don't look my age!

So anyways....blood was taken.....and I will await the results.

This weekend though is exciting because we are gonna start painting!!! YAY! Chris, I think, is even gonna start tonight because he asked me to move all of the woodwork down to the basement (he is on his way home from his travels). But I will update with some pictures as we progress through the painting.

This week I am also at the end of my second trimester. 90 days to go! 3 months exactly!!! time sure is flying!

No comments: