Sunday, June 22, 2008

Is it July 10th yet?

I must admit that this whole pregnancy has gone relatively well. I have not done much complaining and have been very lucky when it comes to side effects such as nausea, fatigue, etc. Chris says I seem more normal than when I was not pregnant and the Dr's have said I am an easy patient since I have not had any compications (let's keep that one up!).

BUT during these last 3.5 weeks let me tell you I am wishing that July 10 would get here for a few reasons!! Let me count them down for you!

Reason # 6 - I call the THREE B's. The three B's stand for balloon feet, my bladder, and being a blimp! I have been lucky when it comes to swelling. My feet have only swelled a few times when it has been hot and humid. It goes on and off. One week they will a few days and the next week (like last) they are totally normal. Yesterday though I felt as though I was walking on big marshmallows or balloons and if you would stick a needle in my foot it would just deflate!

My bladder - Oh yes - going to the bathroom has increased to about once or twice an hour. I am drinking alot of water (to reduce swelling) and to stay hydrated.....but that means more bathroom trips or just the constant feeling of having to go even if I don't necessarily have to. I am not sure if the baby dropped yet but when she does there will be and increased pressure on my bladder and less pressure on my lungs (come to think of it I have been able to breathe better). Maybe this means she is getting ready to join us.

Being a blimp - and that is what I feel like at times! Sitting farther away from the table so my belly doesn't touch when I am eating, feeling like I am waddling when I am walking, I just feel huge at this point!!

Reason # 5 - My body temperature seems to be out of whack. Chris, who normally likes it like the freezer in our house, has been so cold and me.......I am always hot. I have not been using any covers at night and have the windows open and the fan on and he is cuddled under the covers trying to stay warm. So when he is gone I turn on the AC and enjoy it and then when he comes home I turn it off.

Reason # 4 - bending over has become a real problem. It's a good thing I am not in school anymore and don't need to put on regular shoes or sneakers because I have been living in flip flops since June 6.

Reason # 3 - the ability to wear more than 3 outfits. Again, I do have some maternity capri's and nicer tank tops but I have found that I am wearing the same shorts, comfy pants, and ribbed tanks from old navy. Of course I wash them and If I am going out I may put on a nicer outfit but as long as I am in my house doing work, cleaning, etc I am staying comfortable!

Reason # 2 - sleep: I feel I am getting enough rest but getting comfortable has been a major issue. I am up frequently for bathroom breaks and most of the time I get up just because one of my hips hurts from digging into the bed. So when I want to turn over I usually get out of bed, head to the bathroom, then come back and lay down on the opposite hip. This has become a cylce for me. I want to sleep on my stomach again! And I want to be able to get out of bed instead of roll out. I also now take my good old time and plant my feet - shake them - to make sure they are not asleep (so I don't fall on my second toe, which by the way still looks all bent out of shape - but doesn't hurt), and then stand up slowly because my back hurts. What an ordeal!! haha.

And finally Reason # 1: The most important reason! Chris and I (among many others) want to meet this little girl and hold her! I want someone else to be able to occupy that cute little ladybug room! I spend alot of time in there - Chris says I must be trying to get her used to it! But meeting our daughter is definately the number one reason I want July 10th to be here - and when you look back at reasons 2-5 - I am sure that all of THAT stuff will seem like nothing when we have our little girl in our arms!

18 more days - I think we should play a game. I know I did a poll but everyone should email me: It would be interesting to see what everyone thinks. Please include: her date of birth, time born, lbs, oz, and inches. I'll also send out an email to everyone for this "game" - hey I have alot of time on my hands which won't be the case for long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the same Ali who just a few months ago said, "I can't wait until I actually look like I'm pregnant"? haha I tried to warn you that it would come all too soon! I vividly remember all of the above symptoms of the last few weeks. Every night now when I lay down on my STOMACH to go to sleep, I thank God that pregnancy only lasts 9 months. :) I know that you don't want to hear this, but I hope you go past your due date and get induced. After getting induced, I think it's the way to go. No panic attacks about going into labor in the middle of the night or having your water break in the middle of grocery shopping. You calmly register at the front desk of the hospital and say, "Ok. I'm ready for labor. Start the pitocin!" I think I already have myself convinced that I want to be induced with all my other labors. haha---Your day will come soon enough, though, and balloon feet will seem like a thing of the past. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember all of these lovely symptoms with my sister, who has two children. I remember looking at her and wishing to be pregnant myself - just the other day I was telling her how all my friends are pregnant or have babies and how jealous I am. She just laughed - I know she is remembering all the negative things about pregnancy. But to me, it is all so worth it when you take that little baby home. I am sure little Alexandra will be just beautiful and will make the marshmallow feet worth it! :-) You are doing a great job and she'll be here before you know it!

Also, I vote for a July 4th baby. :-) Stars and stripes forever!!!