Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Alexandra's Pappy.....We Miss Him!

I thought that today I would post a picture of my dad, Alexandra's Pappy. He passed away 4 years ago today, December 10, from pancreatic cancer. So of course today he is on my mind more than usual and I want Alexandra to know all about her Pappy. I picked to call him Pappy because I think the name suits him. He doesn't look like a Pop-Pop or a Grandpa - to me he looks like a Pappy!

As I was thinking about him today and as I am looking at Alexandra, I was thinking that I wish he could be here with us right now to watch her grow. I don't dwell on the fact that he is not here and I am lucky that I got to spend as much time with him as I did but still I wish he was just here to witness all of the things that Alexandra is doing. Blowing raspberries, squealing, and that oh so sweet smile! I swear she lights up a room when she smiles, at least for me!
I have her picture by my desk at school and whenever the day is not going so well I just look at that picture and I feel much better.

But back to the point of this post......her Pappy. We Just wanted to let you know Pappy that we miss you and know you are watching down on us. I hope as you are watching over us that I am making you proud as I care for Alexandra. I know now just how much work it is being a parent, so thank YOU for all that you did for me. We love you and miss you!!


My dad and I on my wedding day
kisses


My family




2 comments:

Kristin said...

This is a beautiful post.

Renee said...

4 years! Wow....time flies. I'll never forget you two dancing together at your wedding. Lots of great memories to share with Alex some day...