I'm a little upset because we went to Christmas Candylane and I forgot my camera! Ugh! Like many others this time of year I think my brain may be somewhere else. If anyone finds it please let me know! I guess I have a million things running through my mind....errands to run, presents to wrap, things to buy for school, things to buy for Christmas, candy to make, cards to send (yes they WILL be sent.....I hope everyone gets them by Christmas!) and the list goes on.
Ok enough ranting...so anyways we went to Christmas Candylane in Hershey last night. It was a really fun time. There was a big group of us who went- Chris, me, Alexandra, Nana, Pop, Nonna, Titi Amy, Aunt Tricia, Uncle Bob, and two of Nana's neighbor kids. We ate some really good food and enjoyed walking around looking at the lights. The kids rode some rides too. There was this ladybug ride I should have ridden - maybe next year when Alex can enjoy it.
And here's some great news - Chris, my mom, and I got in for FREE! The tickets are 10 dollars but as we were about to go in a nice lady came up to us and asked if we were going into the park. We replied "yes" and she said "Do you need 3 tickets?" I said "Oh wow - sure!!" and she handed them over and said "Merry Christmas!". It's nice to know that generosity still exists out there. I tend to do things like that too - kind of like paying it forward. I have many times given away my triple coupons to old ladies at the store who needed them more than I did and it's just nice to see that you have made someone's day. So yeah, that lady made our day. We saved 30 dollars (BUT I think we made up for it with all of the food, candy, and other sweet treats we bought!)
It was a very chilly night. We were all decked out in our winter coats, hats, and mittens. Alexandra had on her cute little hat and mittens and was wrapped up in a fleece blanket. We made several stops in shops to warm up but she looked so comfy. She actually stayed warm too and seemed to have a very good time. She didn't really even fuss....she scooched around a little but once you started pushing the stroller again she was fine. She was taking in all of the sights and after she was fed and we took her out of the stroller in Chocolate World she was flashing everyone smiles again.
So we had a wonderful time at Christmas Candylane and I am hoping that this becomes a tradition with our family!
We also went Christmas shopping earlier in the day at the mall. I continued to get compliments about how pleasant she was. She was awake the whole time just taking in all of the lights, colors, and people! It's nice to know I can take her out places with me and that she will be happy. She says - mom, just feed me and change me when I need it and I'm good to go!
So pictures of Candylane to come later (once I use up the rest of my $13.00 - yeah can you believe it) disposable camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment