Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's new in Alexandra's World

On Monday and Tuesday Alexandra had her first sleepover at Nanna's house. Since Chris was out of town I thought it would be nice to stay at his mom's so that I could be closer to school, she could spend more time with her, and we would have company! Well we had a great time. Alexandra went for stroller rides in the house, played with the neighbor, watched cartoons, played with all of her toys, got a bath, and slept in Nanna's crib. It was nice because I slept in the same room with her but I think she definitely knew it was not her own room. That little stinker could not go back to sleep last night unless she was laying with me. So from 3 am-7 am I slept with her....tried putting her back down......and she would start grabbing her feet and playing. Then laid with her again, fell asleep, tried putting her down......and again she would not go to sleep. Finally at 6:30 or so I laid her down on the floor on a blanket beside me (we moved to the living room and I was now on the couch) and she fell asleep. So I am pretty tired right now since I was basically up at 3. I never really fell back into a deep sleep since then. She is in bed now and I really need to make some of my Christmas candy/treats. But I also have tests to grade, laundry to do, cleaning to do.........and oh yeah............sleep. I think I will make the no bake bars tonight and save the others for another night. I'll bring the tests up to my bedroom and correct them and then it's lights out for me!!!!!!!!

Other new things for Alexandra: her high chair! This was a gift from my colleagues at NBE. I have been waiting to use it. Well folks it's time! I have been feeding her rice cereal, oatmeal, and now veggies. She is doing wonderfully now with eating solid foods. She opens her mouth when she sees the spoon and gobbles it up. And she is wearing less so that is a good sign! She LOVES carrots - and soon we will try another veggie.

We have also been practicing sitting up with her. She cannot sit unsupported yet but she is trying. She leans forward but is able to keep her hands on the ground for a few minutes without toppling over.

She has been grabbing her feet for a while now but now she is opening her mouth wide when she has them because I think she wants to put them in her mouth. It's cute when she grabs her feet but it sure does make it hard when I am trying to change her diaper!

Enjoy the pictures below that were taken recently!


At Nanna's ready to get into my pj's
in Nanna's stroller ready for a stroller ride

I'm ready to eat mom!




Our Christmas tree


Watch me try to sit up!


Thanks for helping me sit up Titi!


With Titi Amy







No comments: