Sunday, May 2, 2010

Alexandra's First Trip to Knoebel's Grove






This past weekend Chris, Alexandra and I ventured up to Milton to see Nona. On Friday we stopped at The Gibson's (my cooperating teacher from student teaching) and we had a great dinner and Alexandra just had a ball. Angie has two kids, Emma, who is in second grade (for those of you who were at my wedding she was the flower girl) and Jack, who is 4 and a half. Well Alexandra just loved playing with the kids and they were very helpful to her too. She played ball, played on the swings, and then ended up in the garden - even though I TRIED to keep her out. Jack tried to get her out too by carrying her into the house. That was so funny! But nope, she found it again, and plopped herself right down in the grass piles (which, by the way was down her pants, in her crocs, and is now all over the back seat of my car!)

Oh well, she had fun and that was all that mattered.

Saturday the weather was absolutely gorgeous again and so we all went to Knoebel's Grove for the day. We took the stoller over but Alexandra ended up walking most of the time. We took her into Kiddie land and she did ride some of the rides. It seemed like she was Daddy's girl that day - he rode on all of the rides with her. I tried but she didn't want to with me I guess! She went on the "horsies" (merry go round), cars, the slide, and the train. All of the other rides she was really too small to ride on by herself.

We also took a ride on the antique cars while Titi rode the Phoenix and we rode the big train. She also watched Titi and I ride the bumper cars and we were banging into each other. Nona said that she look concerned and was calling for me when she saw me. Perhaps she didn't like the look of me getting bumped into. As soon as we got off she ran over to me and wanted up and just hugged me and wanted me to hold her. It was very sweet.

She also enjoyed some pierogies, a hamburger, and a banana split (only a few bites of each but she liked them all!) Who wouldn't right??

She was cute though - she would say "I ride on the cars" and Train - choo choo and I loved watching her dance to the carosel music. Although she didn't ride many different rides I think she had great time riding the ones she did. I know there will be plenty more times we can go over and I can't wait to take her again.

No comments: