Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy....to you.....

Chris's birthday was April 8th and I had a little get together for him with some close friends. I'll tell you right now I can't post pictures because I deleted them all by accident - Bummer in the summer!! (That is a line from a book series I read at school........it says that line in every book!)

But anyway - we sang to Chris and Alex sang along too. I suppose this is the first birthday celebration she could probably understand. Of course last year at hers I am sure it was all just a crazy blur to her and she wasn't sure what was going on. Well we still have some mylar balloons in our house from his celebration and she will see them and start singing (on her own) happy birthday to Chris. The other day I even said about calling "daddy" and as soon as he got on the phone she started singing (again unprompted) her version of happy birthday. It's so cute - she sings it like this: "Happy birthday daddy...to you...."

We've been trying to tell her that she is going to be 2 at her next birthday so we ask her often how old she will be on her birthday - but we get no response because at any mention of the word birthday she breaks out in song - "Happy birthday daddy.....to you" It's pretty funny. So if any of you who read this are here for her 2nd bday party don't be surprised if she sings to her daddy!


No comments: