Enjoying one of her favorite foods: strawberries
At Jy's 1st birthday party - looking up at her dad
Backyard Easter Egg Hunt
Ready for summer!
Nona's Sunshine - When Nona (my mom) comes down she usually spends a solid week with Alex and watches her while I am at school. My mom has always called Alex sunshine. She would see her in the morning and say "good morning sunshine" or just call her sunshine anytime she would see her. She would also sing "You are my sunshine" to her too. Well we are thinking that Nona drilled that into her head (wink wink Nona) and taught her to say "Nona's sunshine". Nona would say to Alex - "Alex, who's sunshine are you??" and Alex responds "Nona's Sunshine!" Well I always call Alex "my number one girl" and Titi calls her Chulita and Nana calls her a bunch of names but anytime we say to her "Who's number one girl are you?" or "Who's chulita are you?" or "Who's pumpkin are you" she responds NONA'S SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!! in the tone of like why are you even asking me this people - I'm Nona's Sunshine and nothing else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, we found an elephant at Babies R Us that sings "You are my sunshine" so Nona got her that. Alex loves it. I guess there is no hope for the rest of us!
Excuse me and Bless you: I am quite impressed with Alex's manners. I feel like I write this all of the time but now besides saying please and thank you she also will say "bless you" and "excuse me" or she will excuse you if you don't say it! Anytime I sneeze she says "Bless you Mommy" and today Chris burped by accident and he didn't say excuse me right away and Alex says "Excuse me Daddy" That made me chuckle. Then tonight she was in the car with Nana, Alyssa (her 9 mo old cousin) and she sneezed and Alex said "Bless you Sissa" and finally tonight I gave her some milk before bed, laid her down, and she burped - she rolled over and said "Excuse me!" I'm a proud Mama!!!!
Sharing toys: I am also proud of Alexandra for being so kind to other kids. Yesterday I had a 30th birthday party for Chris and it was baby central. It was nice because Alex is always around adults but we had Madelynn (6 months), Alyssa (9 months), and Jy (1 year) over with their parents and we had such a good time. Alexandra was getting toys for the other kids to play with and cheering on Jy as he was walking around saying "Go Jy Go" and helping Alyssa bounce in jumper. She would give hugs and kisses and just was so sweet to all of the other kids. She even gave up the balloon to another kiddo - now that impressed me. It just shows that she has a caring personality and I hope this continues!!
Are you Ok?? If Alex falls we always say "Are you ok??" and she always replies "Yes" and I will sometimes kiss her boo boo to make it feel better and it always seems to work. This child falls alot because she runs around like a crazy woman alot and sometimes will make herself fall too and I think she has heard us ask "Are you ok" too often because now when she falls she looks up to us and says "Are you ok??" waiting for us to ask..........she won't get up until we ask. But I have seen her apply what she hears to real life situations because the other night while I was giving her a bath she was "washing my face" with the suds and She got it near my eye and I said "oops" as I washed it off and she quickly said "Are you ok Mommy??" After I said yes she continued this for 2 or three more times. Then today at the park as we were walking through the play area a little girl who was 6 or 7 or so fell right in front of us and started crying. Alex said "Are you ok?" It was so sweet!
Those are a few of the latest things Alex is doing but it is so neat to be able to carry on a conversation with her. The other day we started a conversation and it went like this"
The other day we were on our way home from school and I told her we were going to pick up pizza (through the drive through which is awesome)
Me: Alex, we have to stop to pick up pizza
Alex: MMMM Pizza
(we pull up to the window and I get the pizza and we drive away)
Alex: Bye bye (to the pizza man)
(we get home)
Alex: I walk (she says this every time we pull into the driveway)
Alex: I eat pizza
Me: Yep, when we get inside we can have pizza
(we sit down to eat and I get her a slice)
Alex: MMMM pizza good!
Me: I know it's my favorite!
Alex: I eat pizza Mommy (meaning I eat pizza with mommy)
Alex: I eat pizza table (I pulled her up to the table instead of using her tray)
She then contiued to say "Mmmm pizza" a bazillion other times
The moral of this story - Alex loves Pizza!
Some other things:
- she counts to 10
- counts back from about 7
- counts in spanish (with some help) to 10
- identifies red, orange, yellow, purple
- sings ABC song with help (not all letters)
- has been singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Old Macdonald"
- has been retelling stories we re-read often (Goodnight Moon, 5 Green and Speckled Frogs")
- loves looking at her "Princess Book" - it's a look and find book (kind of like I-spy)
- loves painting, coloring, drawing
- loves spinning (I'm thinking now that the Sit-N-Spin may just be a bday gift as per the suggestion of some family/friends)
No comments:
Post a Comment