
waiting for the parade to start

this is how Alex hid every time a loud band came through

still a little cautious

watching as the parade went by

this picture has nothing to do with the parade - just love her cute outfit and headband!
This past week I spent on a mini vacation. I love that I can just go where I want to go when I want to go there. It is one of the perks of staying at home with Alexandra. So last Tuesday we headed up to Shermans Dale to stay with Nana and Papa for 2 nights. I went into NBE to see my friends from school and it was so nice seeing them. It was also nice seeing my former students - I was able to spend 15 minutes out at their recess. Then after I got back from the school we had a very long day! We went to the mall because I wanted to use a a few gift certificates from Alexandra's birthday. First she built a bear, a panda named Tasha (after the Backyardigans) and then we just shopped around. I found a really neat store that I like called Crazy 8. The clothes are so cute and the sale prices aren't too bad. I actually ended up spending my birthday money on Alex. Funny how that always happens. So really I didn't even buy myself anything. Then after a few hours , with no stroller in the mall and a skipped naptime we had a little girl who was becoming very cranky! So we left and went over to Tricia's, Bob's, and Alyssa's house for dinner. Alexandra slept in the car with Nana and then finally came in (still very cranky!) but by the end of the time there she was having fun because she and Alyssa were outside playing in the playhouse. We then dropped off Mimi and didn't get home until about 8:30. One more visitor came over and then it was time for bed - and it was about 9:30. We never seem to keep a schedule on our mini vacations. That is one reason I always look forward to coming home - a sleep schedule!
Then we headed up to Milton Thursday morning to see Nona. We had a good few days there. Amy and I went out to a football game and the highlight of our trip was going to the Harvest Festival. We went downtown for some food in the morning, came home for a quick break, and then went right back down for the parade. I thought Alexandra was going to love it. She did have a good time but she didn't always watch the parade. In fact, she hid for most of the loud parts which I expected. She did get some candy though, and yes, I did share a few frooties with her. After the parade we went back downtown to eat once again. We did a lot of eating that day! Actually I am finishing up the leftovers today! I did end up coming down with some kind of bug and had a sore throat and congestion so I ended up staying there an extra day. We went to dinner with Nona's friends Monday night and then we left Tuesday. So now we are back at home, safe and sound, and more importantly, back on a sleep schedule where Alex actually takes naps and goes to bed before 9:30!
1 comment:
I was hoping to go up to Milton for the Harvest Festival too, but it didn't work out this year. Glad you are feeling better!
Post a Comment