Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Camden is 6 Months Old!

Yep. He's been here a half a year already. So hard to believe. I  mean seriously the last month of pregnancy alone felt like 6 months but he's already going to start creeping up (or speeding up with the way it feels) to a year old. I just love this age. I did for Alex too. His personality really shines through and we get lots of giggles, smiles, and cuddles all day long.

His temperament is very "go with the flow". We have a schedule, somewhat, but if something doesn't happen at exactly the same time every day it's not usually a big deal. We can take him anywhere which is a plus!

Here's a little summary about our growing baby boy!

Eating:
Camden is finishing up some Stage 1 foods and is moving onto Stage 2 foods. He has liked all foods that he has tried and we pretty much covered every jarred fruit/veggie. I even tried some of the mixed organic fruit squirt bags and he loves all of them. He usually eats 2 solid meals a day consisting of a fruit/oatmeal in the morning and a veggie/oatmeal for dinner. He just loves the oatmeal and it has lots of fiber so I decided to stop the rice cereal and stick with the oats. He loves sucking on ice cubes or frozen fruit through the mesh feeder. I  never used one of those with Alex but it's great for letting him taste different foods (strawberries, watermelon, etc) without small seeds or pieces getting into his mouth. I'm still nursing him and my goal was to make it to 6 months. I'll continue as long as I can but I bought a can of back up formula just in case.

Sleep:
Camden continues to sleep well at night. Most nights he sleeps 7:30-5:30 and sometimes until 6:00-6:30. If he wakes at 5 to eat I put him back to bed until 7. I'm going to start trying to just let him "talk" at 5 to see if he goes back to bed. He has already put himself back to sleep without me going into his room. He still greets me each morning with that gummy smile and I love it. I took his bumper off of his crib because he decided he would roll over to it and just suck on the top and pull it down anyways so I removed it! It was just a breathable bumper and I thought that taking it off and having him be able to see out of the slots in his crib would make him  more aware and not want to sleep but it hasn't bothered him. As for napping he now always naps in his crib (or if we are out he may sleep in the car) but when we are home I take him up and put him down awake in his crib. He falls asleep on his own which is great! Some days though he fights it but either way he usually gets 2-3 naps a day. He sleeps so much better up in his room without hearing the voice of Alex - when he hears her voice he just wants to talk or play with her.

Milestones:
Some things Camden is doing now is army crawling. Right now it's only a few inches but he uses his legs to push off and his arms on the ground to swim or slither. He figured out that he can roll all the way across the room (and it's a lot quicker too!)Whenever I lay him down first thing he does is flip onto his tummy. This makes for some rough diaper changes. Speaking of diapers - the little stinker decides that instead of having a dirty diaper before his nap he would rather have me lay him down and then after I walk out of the room he poops and then I have to go change it almost every day about 10 minutes after I lay him down. Then I'll put him back to bed. He's like clockwork.

He is also getting up on his knees for a brief moment. He hasn't started crawling on all fours yet but he has pushed himself up several times. He tries standing all of the time (he has for a long time) He can sit up supported and unsupported he can sit for a very brief moment. He'll usually topple over though after a minute or so.

His bottom two teeth are almost through his gums. His bottom left one has poked through and is sharp but the bottom right has not cut the gums yet. The teeth haven't actually popped up yet to the point that I can brush them but they should soon.

I am enjoying all of my time with Camden. He loves playing on the blanket when Alex is playing and she enjoys making him laugh. He is easily amused and very ticklish. He enjoys playing peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, songs, books (although he would rather eat them), and grabbing at anything he can get his little hands on!

I'm sure I'm missing something but maybe I've covered everything he is doing. Happy half birthday little man. Can't wait to watch you grow some more!

6 Month Stats
Weight: 17 lbs 1 oz.
Length: 26 "


No comments: