This past weekend we went to Linvilla Orchard to do some apple picking. Alex and I have been talking about apples, doing apple snacks and activities, and reading books about apples. I thought it would be neat to do a "field trip" and go to the orchard to pick some apples right from the tree.
Linvilla Orchards not only is a place where you can pick fruit but also they have food stands and festivals, a playground, a corn maze, a hay bale maze, animals, an apple slingshot, and currently pumpkin land (which we didn't even have time for). Chris usually takes Alex around to the activities while I hang with Camden. I would really like to do some of the activities with her too although maybe not the corn maze because it took them 35 minutes to get through it! I timed them on my phone. Good think Camden is a content baby!
When we were done with the activities we went to the orchard and picked. We started out kind of slow and found it hard to find some good apples. They have so many varieties and we got some red ones but I'm not even sure what kind! I wanted to get some yellow delicious ones too but I swear every single tree had no fruit! So we continued on and we hit the jackpot with the granny smith's! We found tons of good apples on the granny smith trees. Looks like I'll be making a pie! Alex picked almost all of the apples. We wanted her to experience picking them from the tree. She did really well too. When all was said and done we ended up buying $15.00 worth of apples. We would never pay that much at a store but the experience was really nice and well, now, I am going to be making some apple crisp, apple cake, maybe some dumplings, and if there are any left perhaps some applesauce.
No comments:
Post a Comment