Just a conversation on our way to preschool....this is nothing out of the ordinary!
Me: Alex, so after preschool we'll go to Brendan's party at the park.
Alex: Will I be able to play?
Me: Yeah you will but we'll wait to see what Mrs. Heyer wants us to do. You might have lunch first.
Alex: Who's that?
Me: It's Brendan's mom. His last name is Heyer so she is Mrs. Heyer. And When I was a teacher my students called me Mrs. Snyder because that's my last name.
Alex: So what's my other name? (as in last name)
Me: It's Snyder. Remember how we always called you Alexandra Paige Snyder? And my last name is Snyder and Daddy's last name is Snyder and Camden's last name is Snyder.
Alex: Is Nona's last name Snyder?
Me: No, Nona's last name is Necci. And Titi's last name is Necci and my last name used to be Necci before I married daddy.
Alex: Will I get married?
Me: Maybe when you are older you will if you want.
Alex: I want another last name.
Me: Ok, how about Alex Dinkleberry. (I made a silly name because before she wanted another first name and so I called her Jimbob for the afternoon....she then decided she wanted to be Alex again)
Alex: No, I want it to be Alexandra Mrs. Snyder.
Me: You want me to call you Alex Mrs. Snyder???
Alex: Yeah Alex Mrs. Snyder.
Me: What about Alexandra Shortcake like Strawberry shortcake?
Alex: YEAH!
Ok conversation over....and now we're at preschool and time to play the "guess what I am game" where we use clues to try to guess what the other person is thinking of (like a fruit, veggie, toy, etc).
Yeah this is pretty much how it goes...one long conversation with me explaining things to our curious 3 year old and then a little bit of guess what I am...
In the next post maybe I'll post about our conversation about how we put money in the bank. That was a fun one where I just ended with "Oh nevermind" because the questions kept coming and coming and I was running out of answers!
No comments:
Post a Comment