Although Camden turns 2 in a week it was ok to have him do his well child checkup early. I wasn't sure what to expect when we walked into the office because Camden kept saying "no" w hen I told him he was getting a check-up today. I especially wanted to see how he would react since we've been running around doing errands since 9:30 and his appointment was at 1. The boy was a trooper though - I guess the 20 minute nap (and his only nap of the day) helped.
We went in and he was excited to look at books while we waited. Once we went back to the room he started getting upset when I had to take his clothes off. I think he thought he was getting shots. The nurse and I kept saying no "ouchies" at this appointment and he was good then as we walked out to the scale.
He weighed 26 lbs and is 2'10" (or so) tall.. He is just around 50th percentile for both height and weight but he still has a bigger head than most his age which means he'll just need a bigger hat (we know this as he wears a 3T winter hat)
Before the doctor came in Camden continued to look at books and point out different animals and things he saw. He continued talking as if the doctor wasn't there, although, when the Dr. said hi and I asked Camden to say hi back he got shy as usual. He then just turned to me and kept telling me about the alligators in the book.
So Camden did really well at his check-up. It was really super easy - we will head back in the fall to get the flu shot again but other than that he doesn't go again until 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment