Sunday, March 3, 2013
Camden's New "Trick"
So Camden learned a new trick recently, or I guess, has been perfecting it. It all started a week or so ago. Camden was starting to put his hands down his pants reaching for his diaper. About a week ago I found that he did, in fact, stick his hands down and find that he went to the bathroom. I quickly rushed him over to the bathroom, holding him far away from me so he didn't touch me with his hands, and we washed really well with soap and warm water. Back over to his bedroom we went and I changed his diaper. So I thought that would be the end of that. He clearly did not like how he got his hands dirty because he was saying "wash hands" after his hands got dirty.
Fast forward to this past week. I laid him down for a nap as usual, except this day I he seemed tired early, so I laid him down a little earlier than I normally do thinking he would go to sleep. Many times if Camden hasn't pooped yet he'll go when he lays down for his nap (I guess because he is relaxed) but he always needs his diaper changed right away. Well after about an hour of Camden calling me in, not sleeping, hearing him on the monitor I decided to check on him. Boy, what a surprise when I found that he took off his diaper, again, and he had pooped and it was laying in his crib. He had also peed because his blankets, sheets, and stuffed animals were all wet. Ugh. So after saying repeatedly that MOMMY changes his diaper we went over to the bathroom for a quick bath. I wanted him to lay back down because, after all, he hadn't napped yet. After his bath I changed his sheets, all the while telling him keep his hands out of his diaper, and so forth and I put on another diaper and comfy clothes. He still didn't fall asleep and I found now that he had torn a book cover to shreds and I'm still wondering how he got it apart!
For some reason he didn't want to nap and just kept saying "downstairs" so I got him out of his crib, let him go downstairs, and then picked him right back up and told him he was in timeout for destroying the book. I didn't want to just keep him in his crib after all of this happened because he may think it was still nap time and not timeout. So he had his 2 minute timeout, and didn't really cry for too long because I think he knew he did something wrong. Then when I went to get him he said "Sorry Mommy" before I even asked him to.
As part of his discipline I had him pick up all the pieces himself and put them in the trash and kept saying "We take care of books". About halfway through picking up he decided he was done so I put him in the crib again. He was pleading to get out so I told him "You need to pick up your mess" and then we can go back downstairs. So he did and then we came down and had a pretty normal afternoon. He still didn't have a nap and by now it was 3 (which is usually the end of his nap) and he was yawning. So, I put on one show for him to watch and then took him up to bed. As part of his bedtime routine he watches a show before bed so I did the same for nap and I laid him down at 3:30 and woke him at 5. He went to bed at normal time of 7:30 but guess what happened.....
I heard him around 4:45 in the morning and he was laying on his belly, butt up in the air, or I should say, naked butt up in the air, pj's off, and diaper (only wet this time) in the corner. He felt so cold! So because it was 4:45 in the morning I simply got a wet washcloth and wiped him down and changed the sheets again. I followed the advice of a friend and took a pair of his footie pj's and cut off the feet, and put them on his backwards. He went back to sleep until 7 and well, he's been wearing backwards pj's ever since for both nighttime and nap. I hate to have to change him into pj's for each nap but I figured it's better than the alternative!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment