Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Camden!

I'm totally a slacker lately when it comes to posting on here. I saw that my last post was over a month ago but I'm hoping to get back on track now. So Camden is now 2 years old! Actually, he's 2 years and 1 month old but who's counting.

For his birthday I planned on having a little playgroup get together where basically we'd sing "Happy Birthday" and I would make some Thomas cake pops. Well that never ended up happening because Alex was sick that week with a cold/fever and I had to keep her home from school. We still had a little family get together on the weekend which was nice though. 

For Camden's birthday cake I made him a Thomas cake. I felt like I needed to redeem myself from last year - since I was running around and had a busy weekend I didn't allow myself enough time to make a great cake so I threw one together literally 2 hours before the party. I was still decorating it as guests were arriving. 

But this year, I planned a lot better! No last minute balloon runs, I kept it simple with food, and I just enjoyed myself a lot more! I need to remember that from now on when throwing a party....don't go crazy and just do what is easiest because the kids will be happy with anything that you do. 

Camden got nice gifts and clothes and I didn't go all out with gifts either. After all, it was just 3 months after Christmas so he really didn't need anything new. Also need to keep that in mind - that the kids are little and they again are happy with just a few things. 

For the family party the weather was awesome....it was in the 60's and sunny and we had the windows open.  It was so nice!! It was the perfect ending to a great celebration! I decided to have Camden nap while guests arrived so that when he woke he'd be happy. I think my plan worked out great because he was very delightful for his party. When I brought him down he saw his cake and said "Thomas cake!!!!!" He was a little shy as we sang to him and he enjoyed eating the cake. I'm so glad he enjoyed his party. 

On his actual birthday he was sick (Alex was too on her 2nd birthday!!!) but he was still in a good mood. I love this little guy so much! Happy Birthday Buddy!



The Thomas cake I made..I took some ideas from Pinterest for inspiration


No comments: