Sunday, February 17, 2008

My "Valentime's" Day Gift


I know....it's not called "Valentime's day" but Chris always jokes around and says "Happy Valentime's Day" to me each year. I told him the only other person who calls it that is Junie B. Jones in one of my favorite books - Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine. I did get a nice surprise though on V-day when I came home from school. Chris was still out of town so I didn't really expect anything. We had planned on going to dinner, compliments of his company, which always sends a letter to him around Valentines Day telling him to take me out to dinner and charge it to the company. It's a nice perk, which I think is supposed to make me overlook the fact that I see my husband usually only on the weekends and during the week if I am lucky during his "busy season" from Jan-April.


So I come home from school and saw a box outside of my door. I recognized it right away as a flower box so Chris came through! He didn't forget "Valentimes" Day - he sent me beautiful flowers and a very sweet note. Let's just say that made my day!

1 comment:

Malabei said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.