Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bye Bye Winnie the Pooh!

Taking down the wallpaper - not a fun job (although I am smiling)
This ceiling fan has got to go too Chris taking down wallpaper


Well Chris and I started prepping the old "Winnie the Pooh Room" and getting it ready to make into a nursery. Last Friday we both had off and we spent the day together by making a trip to Lowes and purchasing paint and other supplies that we needed to begin our nursery. Thank goodness he had a rebate gift card from his phone purchase because it saved us 100 bucks! We both didn't realize how expensive all of the supplies were going to be - but oh well - it was stuff we needed to buy!



So Friday afternoon we took down the wall paper. At first it took a while and we found that the blue goo you use to take it off really wasn't that good. By the end of the afternoon we had it down to a science- I would pull and he went behind me with a scraper and scraped. He took down all of the woodwork and I labeled all of it so we knew where it would be put back into place. We are planning on painting the walls green and adding a white chair rail along the middle for some color. We are also painting the woodwork white and getting a new ceiling fan and closet door. As of now the ceiling fan is primary colors and well it just wouldn't look right in our room. So if anyone needs a ceiling fan - and they like primary colors + blue - this fan is for you!!!



So as of now there is no more sign of Winnie the Pooh in the room - just white walls and a bunch of supplies sitting in the middle waiting for Chris to get out of his "busy season" so we can paint!



In other news - my belly button is disappearing.....just thought you all would like to know! haha



I have a Dr. Appt on Friday the 28th so if there is anything new I will update. I am just hoping that this time I haven't gained 9 lbs since the last visit. I think that is actually impossible but we'll see.

Pictures will follow of the nursery work!


1 comment:

Renee said...

Can't wait to see the nursery! How fun!