Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hosting Dinner....and my own surprise baby shower!




On March 15th I hosted a a get together at my house for some of my work friends. It's always nice to get together outside of school - the crowd that was there keeps me entertained and we always have alot of laughs. We just had appetizers and desserts which was perfect. The food everyone brought was sooooo good...so good we had some leftovers at school on Monday! So thank you to everyone who came and brought yummy food!!!


Well not only was it a dinner party but some sneaky people decided it would be nice to have a baby shower at the party as well! I am not sure really how it happened and how gifts were shoved into my house without me knowing but I was definately surprised! A few of the girls told me they wanted to take a look at the clothes I bought so we came upstairs to the soon to be nursery and I showed them the clothes (I keep the closet doors open all of the time because I just LOVE looking at the cute clothes in there!)


When I went back down I heard some people say "she's coming" and thought nothing of it. As I looked around I had no idea until I saw everyone staring at my coffee table - which was full of gifts! They said "surprise - you're hosting your own baby shower!!" It was very sweet of everyone to think of me and I just love surprises. It was nice too because I am having a shower in May that I know about so the element of surprise was neat with this one! I told everyone that I wanted them to still come to the May one if they can and to NOT bring a gift (and I mean it because you already got me something!!!!!) So again, to those of you who can make it in May I hope you do come to just socialize, etc but no gifts necessary!!!


I posted some pictures of the gifts I got. Clothes, a cool diaper bag (I'll be a momma with style!), blankets, bibs, diaper changing supplies, bottles, baskets, and some other odds and ends that I am definately going to need. So again, a BIG THANK YOU to all who came!!




No comments: