Sunday, September 14, 2008

2 Month Doctor Appointment

Well it's over and done with! It went pretty well. To begin I didn't have to wake Alex up like last time to undress her. She was awake, alert, and happy looking around. Also she didn't cry because it was cold - the temp in the room was nice. When I took her to get weighed and all that good stuff she did well too. Although that little stinker peed again on the scale!!! haha.

When Dr. Ryder came in to check her he said it looks like we have a very healthy and happy baby. He said weight gain was good.

Then came the shots. So as the nurse was getting ready to give them Alex was on the table and she told me to hug her and talk to her to try to distract her. Well I knew as soon as the needle went in because she turned into a tomato head. She cried until I picked her up when they were done and she calmed down then cried a little more as I was putting her into the car carrier. She was fine though as soon as we left the room. Slept on the way home and a little at home and then I fed her. Now, 2 hours later, she is happy as can be - smiling and kicking and being her normal self. I don't know if her legs are still sore or not because right now she shows no signs of pain. I did give her some Tylenol about 30 mins before the appt so that it would kick in by the time she got the shots. That could be helping.

She's my tough little cookie!! Better than her mamma at those kind of things!

Here are her new stats
Weight: 11 lbs. 4 oz (up from 9 lbs 5 oz)
Height: 22 inches (up from 21 inches)

No comments: