Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Respect for Single Mothers!!

So you all know I am not a single mother. Thank goodness! Chris was away last week and often travels for his job. I always look forward to when he comes home from work not only because I want to see him but because I at times just need like an hour break at times! Don't get me wrong.......I love Alex more than anything in this world but man o man....it just wears you out sometimes being a mom! I was talking to my mom and telling her that I think she senses when chris is not here. We have a pattern that we sort of follow. I spend the day with her and then when chris comes home he takes her and just hangs out with her while I will do some things around the house or even just hang with them but he will be the primary "caretaker" for a few hours (except for feeding). But when he travels it seems like such a longggggggg day!

Usually alex is in bed by 9-9:30 sometimes even 8-8:30. Tonight she didn't fall asleep until 10:30 and she was awake most of the day - she had a few naps totalling about 2.5 hours. But anyways back to my title........I don't see how single mothers do it! I need the help that chris gives and need a small break every now and then. I couldn't imagine doing it on my own.

But anyways.........I need to go to bed because it is 4 am and in a few hours I am gonna need to get up again to feed the little bug.

I'll try to post some pictures soon. I have not been the paparazzi this week. But we are going to dinner tomorrow night for my birthday and for chris's cousin's birthday - we are birthday buddies.....and this weekend I am going to Milton to stay the night. It will be our first "sleepover" at Nona's. So next week I should have some more pics.

Goodnight ya'll

No comments: