Well another year has come and gone and I am another year older. Yep, today was my birthday and I am 28. 2 more years until I am 30 - wow! So for my birthday and my cousin in laws (although I consider her my cousin) her family and Nancy, Tricia, Bob, and I went to Tokyo Diner for dinner. (Notice that Chris is missing) He was traveling for work. But man, I love that place. We got to sit in one of the secluded areas that we had all to ourselves. I took Alexandra and well let's just say the night had it's rough parts!
Phase 1 - We got there and Alex was sleeping so sound in her car carrier. She woke up and was pleasant and Tricia was holding her. Alex was great and just watching everything.
Phase 2 - After a little while she started crying uncontrollably - with wet tears. I say that because Chris and I do not see those wet tears very often! She fusses sometimes but all out crying we are not really used to! So I try rocking her and then Nancy takes her and she is just screaming. She calmed down a little but on the car ride back to the Englands (we went there for cake) constant screaming again.
I had fed her before we went to the restaurant but by this time she was hungry and there is no worse feeling than having your baby in the back seat crying when you cannot do anything. As soon as we got to the England's I fed her and she was happy again. When we were leaving to come home she cried once again when she was in her seat for like 30 seconds and then fell asleep again. I felt so bad because she would drift off and then I had to move her or put her in the car and she would get upset. But we made it home and then she was fine.
But anyways - I had a good day today although as you get older it doesn't really "feel" like your birthday like it did when you were a kid. Although I want to thank the Englands and Nancy and Dean for their very generous gifts. Courtney and I got gift cards to go to the spa! I am getting a facial and pedicure and cannot wait!
Alright since the little tyke is in bed I think I am gonna go try to fall asleep as well!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday to you!
Post a Comment