Ready for a play date
Well finally this month I got around to sending in my request to be part of the mom's club and I got my membership confirmation about joining. I noticed that the neighbor was hosting a pumpkin party at her house so I emailed saying Alex and I would love to come. Well the party was cancelled but she then asked if Alexandra and I would like to go down for a play date and we did. She invited another friend too, who is also part of the club. So it was nice to meet some people and for Alex to have a chance to play with some other kids her age. Alexandra was shy at first but did play with the girls. When we got home she would mention about how she liked playing with "the kids".
With this mom's club there is a playgroup, activities for the kids, and Mom's night out. I am looking forward to getting involved in it while I can. I want to do as much with Alex as I can while it is just her and I at home. Once I do have the other baby I can still go to things it will just be "harder". Tomorrow is our first actual planned activity that we are going to - we are going to a Mommy and Me Art Session at the mall and it's only a dollar! And then there are some activities, such as craft activities at people's houses, that are free. Tomorrow should be a fun day. After the art class we are going to have lunch with the same mom's from yesterday and the kids will get a chance to play on the playground together. Then Friday is playgroup for kids her age. I'm very happy to have joined, hope to make alot of new friends, and hope Alex has a great time. I'm sure she will!
No comments:
Post a Comment