So I had my Level 2 ultrasound today and we found out we are having a boy! When the technician told us it was a boy I got teary eyed because I was so happy! We of course would have been just as happy if it was a girl but I am just so happy!!! After our appointment today at 8:45 Nana and I went straight to Babies R Us and ordered nursery furniture. In 2 weeks or so it should be ready and we can get started on the nursery!!! Then we went shopping for some clothes too. And I know there are soooo many cute girl clothes but there are just as many cute boy clothes too. This time around we have to buy a whole wardrobe for the baby. At the baby showers for Alex she got so many clothes and honestly I didn't have to buy that many really until she was a year old. Sure, bought things here and there but much of it was given to us. So I'm starting to stock up now and will continue to buy clothes up until March. But we are lucky that we have all of the "gear" we need and it is neutral so that is a plus. I already picked out a bedding set that I like too. Looks like we are going to do a brown/blue color scheme and the nursery will be in Alex's old room. We're going to move her to the loft and I have been talking with her about that so that she will be ok with it. Hopefully she'll see it as a neat thing because she will be getting her big big girl bed (full bed) and new bedding and some other things for her room to make it "hers". She's very flexible though so I don't think it will be a problem.
But anyways, we're going to have a little man around and I can't wait!!!!!!! I love doing "girly" things with Alex but I was a tomboy as a kid so I love the boy stuff too. And I am going to say right now that maybe my dream of being a Little League World Series mom in Williamsport may be able to come true someday. We'll see in 12 years.
1 comment:
Yea!!!! Congrats! That's great news!
Post a Comment