Hollywood Studios
* We saw the Playhouse Disney Live on Stage show - one of Alex's favs - we even saw it twice!
* Alex played in the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" set. Everything was 5 times the size of her and it had lots of climbing areas, slides, and tunnels. Very neat!
* We saw some stunt shows - Indiana Jones and a car stunt show
* We went on the behind the scenes ride where we could see how special effects are done in movies
* Others (not me!) rode the Tower of Terror ride and Aerosmith roller coaster ride - pregnant women are not allowed on them. I wouldn't have gone on them anyways!!!!
* We had lunch with Playhouse Disney characters such as Leo and June from Little Einsteins, Handy Manny, and Special Agent Oso.
Animal Kingdom
This was probably one of Alex's favorite places because she loves animals so much! Some things we did were:
* We went on a Jungle Walk and saw animals
* We went on a Safari ride where we saw lots of animals native to Africa - very neat - but very bumpy. I kept saying that if I would have been farther along in my pregnancy I would have feared that all of those bumps would have started labor!!!!
* We went to a petting zoo where Alex brushed some animals.
* We went into Dinoland
* We saw a Finding Nemo musical. Alex got a little scared so Chris took her out to play on the playground and to ride some rides.
Downtown Disney
Since we only had a 5 day pass for the Disney Parks on our day "off" from the parks we went to Downtown Disney, which you didn't need a pass for. While at Downtown Disney we just walked around and ate lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. Alex will tell you that she was scared of the animals in the restaurant because it was loud. The thunderstorms every 25 minutes were not her favorite.
We just shopped in some of the stores and my favorite part was eating a delicious ice cream sundae from the Ghirardelli store. Yum!!!!
Magic Kingdom Day 2
We wanted to spend another day at Magic Kingdom because we still had things we wanted to do and one day just isn't enough! So this time around we went to Frontier Land, Tomorrow Land, and to Tom Sawyer's island. We rode some more rides that we were not able to ride the first time around including The Pirates of the Caribbean, Thunder Mountain, The Toy Story ride, Wheel of Progress, The People Mover Ride, The Haunted Mansion.
Tom Sawyer's island was really neat too. We took a boat over to the island where we walked around and went through mines, tunnels, and to his fort. Alexandra really enjoyed going into the fort!
We ate lunch at this really good restaurant too. Everyone at the table except Chris and I got burgers - but I had burgers so many times that week that I wanted a nice meal. I got a meal that was like a mini Thanksgiving dinner and Chris got a pot roast. Alex slept through this lunch so I was actually able to enjoy it! And it was so yummy! After our late lunch the girls got front row seats to the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade. We were up so close that Characters would come over and give us high fives. While we watched the parade the guys did their own thing.
Right before we left the park we saw one last parade where there was lots of dancing and different characters. As we were watching the parade it was starting to get dark and the caste began lighting up. Last time we weren't able to see the castle lit up because we left before dark. It looked so neat changing colors ! It was great for pictures. We also got to see the Christmas decorations all lit up. Even though Christmas has been over for about 2 weeks they still had their decorations up and even had Christmas music playing at times. Our walk out of the park ended with one last stop for one more ice cream sundae. As we walked out I turned around, took one last look, and just thought about how much fun we had and how I can't wait to come back in a few years! What an awesome vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment