Sunday, January 30, 2011

Alex is in Her New Room!

I have been telling Alexandra that after Chris came back from Germany that we would move her to her new room for good. I knew I wanted to move her up once Chris put the baby's crib together and didn't want to try sooner because I didn't want her going between rooms. I wanted the move to be permanent and I knew that if the crib wasn't together she may want to stay in her old room. I ended up being right.

The night before Chris put her crib together I told her she could sleep in her new room and she said she wanted to sleep in her small bed. I told her that once the crib was put together she had to move up. For the record, she really hasn't resisted her new room before and was excited to have her new one. She even napped up there once because on that particular day she didn't want to sleep in her old room. Fickle child. Anyways, yesterday Chris put the crib together so that meant that for her nap she would be in her new bed. She did fine with that and then last night she slept in her room for the first full night and she slept 10.5 hours! She has been going through weird sleeping habits in her old room in her toddler bed. First of all the room is chilly. Secondly, her blankets would always fall off and even though she knows how to put them back on she would call me in the middle of the night to put them on for her. Then she kept waking wanting milk. We stopped that habit after 1-2 times because she kept getting up every couple hours and it's not good for her teeth after she had already brushed, plus I didn't want her wetting the bed, and it kept waking me! Once I told her no more milk in the middle of the night she threw a fit and cried but ended up going to sleep. I told her she could drink water if she gets thirsty because that is ok. She tried to negotiate for juice but again, I wasn't budging. So she had her cup of water and took a few sips. I knew she wouldn't drink the whole cup so I wasn't worried about her wetting the bed. (And she hasn't since I've been giving her drinks at night.....knock on wood!!)

Well last night in her new room we did the same bedtime routine with books, milk, snack, brushing teeth, potty, etc and I always tell her that is her last cup of milk for the night. Well she only made one peep during the night. I hooked up a monitor up there because I wasn't sure if I would be able to hear her or not. Before she was right down the hall and I could hear her no problem. And the even better part..............she didn't wet that bed either! And that is a good thing because I still need to buy a waterproof pad for that bed!!

So Alex is in her new room and it is going really well!!!!

No comments: