Thursday, November 10, 2011

8 Months Old


It's a day early but Camden is going to be 8 months old tomorrow! 4 months until he is 1. Wow. This age is certainly fun but also very tiring! Camden is still scooting around but not crawling on all 4's. But that doesn't mean he doesn't get around fast. Turn your back and he'll be in his favorite spots - the pantry, the back door, near a door stop, or door for that matter, and his newest fascination - the toilet paper roll in the downstairs bathroom. So now I keep the bathroom door closed all of the time, a case of water to block the pantry doors, a blanket near the back door to cover the metal track (or Camden may try to lick it). Putting things in his mouth is his other obsession. I purposely would put his binky in his mouth as he scooted around but the kid realized "Hey all I have to do is spit this thing out and then I can put stuff into my mouth!" Oh well. And that is why I am so tired. Chasing him, moving him, making sure he isn't eating post it notes around the house, yada yada yada. It just gets tiring! If he goes to put something in his mouth and I say "Camden - NO eat!" he just looks at me with this grin like he gets a kick out me saying no.

He is doing some new things these days too. He has learned how to pull himself up to his knees and has gotten to  his feet a few times. He can stand assisted by leaning on something. The edge of the bathtub is the perfect height for this. So when I give Alex a bath he loves to just stand there and watch and he just giggles as she plays in the tub. He also likes standing by a few of his toys so much to the point where I try to just sit him down and he makes his legs stiff so I can't make  him sit. He sits very well and can now go from sitting to his tummy gracefully without just doing a belly flop or tumbling backwards. One day I even found that he had gone from laying on his back to sitting up (in a sleep sack no less) and I'm wondering how he did that. He's only done it once though.

The kid seems like a total opposite of Alex. He has done things sooner than she has and has done things she hasn't. So I'm going to predict that I'll find him standing in his crib ready to try to climb out in a few months.

He is saying sounds like ba ba ba. I'm wondering if he is trying to say "ball" because we play ball every day, if he is saying bottle, or if he just realizing he can make funny noises and then  I repeat them. So since he's started saying that I keep reminding him I'm mama (not to far from baba) so maybe he'll say mama and mean me. I know that at this age if he would say that he wouldn't really mean me but maybe soon.

He's eating stage 2 foods and I'm going to begin giving him some finger foods. The doctor said once he is 8 months I can start and I've actually already given him a few Gerber puffs. It will take him a bit to get  used to them. He only has 2 teeth and isn't used to really chewing so he gags a little at times. I guess he just has to get used to it. He can drink from a cup on his own, although I think he enjoys just chewing on it. He can also hold onto his bottle (another thing Alex never did!)








Camden just continues to be such a happy baby. Everyone who sees him says every time they see him he smiles the whole time. I always say unless he is super hungry, tired, or needs a diaper change really bad he is just a happy boy.

No comments: