Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Never a Dull Moment Around Here

I've  been trying to keep track of the funny things that Alex says but it sure it hard. She is always making me laugh with what she says. Here are a few conversations we've had recently:

I said something funny and she said "That's so funny I can't believe my ears!"

After I made Alex a new little reading area in her room she comes down and gets Pooh Bear and says to him (as if he's real) "Poor Bear, wait til you see this!!!!" (talking about her new area)

"Are we taking Camden to Thanksgiving?"  She still asks if I am taking Camden certain places - she must think I'd just leave him at home.

After getting Camden away from Alex's wooden blocks she says "Camden's always into somethin'" (true, very true)

Chris was playing with Alex and hid something behind his back. He then says "Alex I don't know where (whatever object it was) is" and her reply "Ummm I believe you're holding it!" You had to hear her tone it was like "duh dad...I'm not one....you can't trick me kind of tone! I cracked up!!!

We've been listening to Christmas music lately. Not too long ago we were also talking about a gondola because she asked what it was. And so a few days ago Alex was singing the Feliz Navidad chorus and it went like this (and she totally thought she was singing the correct words)

"I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas...
I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas...
I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas....on a  gondola......."

Then finally today we were on our way to taking her to school and we had this conversation:

Me: Oh wow, gas is only $3.08
Alex: What does that mean?
Me: That means it's cheaper than it has been
Alex: What does that mean?
Me: It means that Daddy and I can save some money
Alex: What does that mean?
Me: It means we can put more money in the bank. You know  how you have a piggy bank and you put money it it? Well daddy and me can put money in our bank. (really not like a few cents drop in gas will let us really do that but I was trying to make it easier for her to understand"
Alex: Is your bank in your bedroom? (hers is)
Me: No, ours is in a building.
Alex: Is your piggy bank in the basement??
Me: No, it's in a building that keeps our money
Alex: That building? (pointing to a building)
Me: No....nevermind.

She has really been into asking "Why" lately. And sometimes I just don't know what else to say!


No comments: