Wednesday, June 20, 2012

15 Months Old!

On June 11 Camden turned 15 months old! I know when Alexandra was this age I loved it and I hope I love  it as much with Camden. I'm sure I will but with Camden I have a feeling it's going to be a bit more....well...tiring! The boy is just full of energy and into everything as usual. I think  he's just a curious kid who loves exploring and that's fine, as long as he stays safe while doing it!

He is still a climber and several toys have been making their way into our basement or garage. Just the other day I moved our train table down to the basement because I was having to pull him off of it seriously about 20 times a day. I didn't want to continue to say "no" because I know overusing that word will make it less effective later. So that went down, along with the baby stroller, giraffe ride on toy, and some other things.


Here are some other things he is doing these days:
When we are leaving to go somewhere I'll say we are going  "bye-bye" and  he'll get his shoes, bring them to me, and we'll sit down and put them on.


When he was smaller I would just pretend he had stinky feet and I would pretend to smell them and say "eww stinky feet!" Now when I take off his socks he, on his own, sticks his foot up so I will smell it and say ewww stinky feet. And then Alex follows and wants me to smell her feet. And I don't.

When he would touch my nose I would make a honking sound. Now he'll touch my nose and honk or he wants me to honk when he squeezes my nose.

He is saying more and more words now. Some of the words he says now or has said are: hi, bye, mama, Alex (ay-ix), ball, nap, pop, papa, fish, breakfast (fest), yes, milk, balloon (boon), snack, watch, cat, truck, car, block, bath, book, uh-oh, thanks, peek-a-boo (peek-boo), eat, five, duck, and there may be others - he repeats a lot of what we say.

When he sees a picture he makes animal sounds for: duck, sheep, monkey, horse, dog, lion, dinosaur, and sometimes when I show him a picture of a shark he makes the jaws sound because I always do that sound when I show him a picture of a shark.

He LOVES looking at books. Often when he is being quiet I will find him just looking at a book. He loves looking at his animal books. I try to read him stories at bed but he just wants to look at the animals. I guess I'll have to just read to him during the day while he is playing.

He is still very attached to me. Alex wasn't so much at this age because with her I was still working so she would go to a babysitter or nana's when I was at work. With Camden, I've been with  him since birth and have only been a way a few days and nights.

He knows that when Titi says "beso" it means give her a kiss, however, he still has not said Titi, which Alex was saying at 1. Alex also was around Amy pretty much weekly from birth to age 1. He understands much of what we are saying though and follows directions pretty well.

Although he keeps me on my toes he is still a pretty well behaved toddler that I have no problem taking anywhere. And he is still a cuddle bug which I love. As I always say, I can't wait to see what he learns and how much he grows from this month until next.




At his 15 month appointment he weighed in at 22 lbs and 31" long. There weren't any shots but he had to get a finger prick for blood to test for lead and just to check hemoglobin levels. But the appointment went well and Camden is growing and developing just as he should be!


No comments: