Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Camden is 16 months !

On July 11 Camden turned 16 months old. I feel like watching Camden grow is going by twice as fast as when Alexandra was growing up. He has such a great personality and I love watching him learn new things and new words each day. Right now he is in "repeat" mode. If we say "Camden, say banana" he'll try to repeat it. So when we are going about our day I try to use as many words as I can so he can take it all in.

He just recently started saying "Titi" so that is one word we have been waiting for. Alex saw Amy pretty much every week from when she was born. She sees Camden often but not weekly so it took him a little longer to say her name.

Camden tends to still be a little shy when he is around a lot of people. During story time or makin' music he just hangs out on my lap - not typical for my climbing, full of energy boy. He is always calling out "mama" (or Papa if he's around) and still cuddles which I love.

One thing we found out this last month is that Camden is a fish! He loves the pool and the ocean. He would stay in the pool for the whole afternoon if we let him! Another thing we learned...he has my complexion. He actually tans. Quite a difference from Alex who just burns and turns back to white like Chris.

He has been good at following one step directions. The other day we were in the kitchen and I took off his shoes and told him to go put them in the shoe bin (out in the foyer) and  he did.

He has also started liking this one fisher price app on my iPhone. He plays it and dances when the song comes on - it's so cute.

When he does something he is proud of he will clap his hands to get us to clap too.

He also will stack blocks to make a tower. The most he has gotten is four stacked up on top of each other and I think it's a great start!

He is waving side to side and says "hi" when doing it.

He has a friend Lorelei who is 10 months old and they are so cute together. He calls her "Lei" (pronounced lie) and they just giggle - or scream - back and forth!

He still loves books, continues to make animal sounds, and has started making a "choo choo" sound when he sees trains.

We love our little Camden - hard to believe that in 2 months he'll be 1 and a half!!! I just love this age!!!!


No comments: