Friday, July 26, 2013

Camden at 28 months

Poor Camden. Poor blog neglected Camden! As I was looking back at posts from when Alex was his age I see I updated about her almost every month. I think the last time Camden got an all about him post was at his birthday 4 months ago!

So what is Camden like these days???

I'll break it down. Take Alex and do a 180. That's Camden. Well, not really but he does some things she never did like...

climbing on the dresser
climbing out of the crib at 2
taking off his diapers
climbing into his drawers in his dresser.....do you sense a theme yet??? Climbing! He's my climber!

Sure, he gives me a run for my money sometimes but he's still a super good kid!

Camden gets along with everyone. He is good mannered and has a great sense of humor. He just adores Alex and they play well together (97 percent of the time!) He wants to do everything she is doing. He is still a cuddle bug and is affectionate. He is sweet towards other kids and is sensitive.

He's into trucks, cars, and trains. Like a little obsessive about them. But hey, he knows what he likes.

He loves playing outside, running, jumping, riding his bike or scooter (with help).

He is getting into pretend play and will make his toys "talk" while he is playing.

He is talking up a storm. He is really speaking in more sentences and is using pronouns correctly. He is able to carry on a conversation with you, answer questions, ask questions, etc. I should be recording some of the things he says! He'll sing songs and dance but gets a little embarrassed if you are watching him.

He still tends to wake up during the night on most nights. I've cut out night time milk but he still gets up between 4-5 usually each night. He'll go back to sleep until 6:30-7 most days and he still naps for me most days. He fights it sometimes and those days I'll let him in his room for a bit (and that's when his shenanigans like climbing on things begin). So I'm still pushing for him to take a good afternoon nap!

He loves playing "sports".  He likes kicking the ball around, throwing, hitting the ball off of the tee and when I give him a football he holds it in his arms as if he's ready to run down the field and score a touchdown. Who knows if he'll be athletic but right now he's into sports.

At this point with Alex I was potty training Alex. I'm going to start training Camden when we return from Disney. He'll be 29 months. I just thought it would be easier to go to Disney with him in diapers than getting him trained, then totally changing our routine.  So maybe next month I'll have an update on that progress if there is any!

So that's my Camden in a nutshell. I'm sure I missed something but when you only update every 4 months it's hard to include everything!

No comments: