Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Alexandra is Such a Sweetie

The other night Alex woke up at 2 am and was crying. She has been sleeping through about 9-11 hours each night so I wasn't sure why she was waking up. She has just recently gotten over a runny nose and congested cough so I wasn't sure if maybe she wasn't feeling well. I had just gone to bed at 12 and she woke at 2 - I had to get up at 5:45 for school so I decided to just bring her to bed with me. She laid down with me and went to sleep. I didn't get the proper sleep I should get and my neck was stiff from trying to position myself just right so she would be comfortable. I wanted to make sure she got some good sleep.

Well luckily we had a delay that day and 6:00 came around and she sat up like she was ready to get up. Well I just continued to lay there "asleep" hoping she would lay back down. She did after gazing around for a few minutes and ended up sleeping until about 7:15. When she woke up I was hoping perhaps the fake sleep trick would work again. She stayed up this time but it was so sweet what she did. She sat up - leaned down and rubbed her face against mine and then kissed me. She sat back up, leaned down again, rubbed her face against mine again and gave me another kiss along with her beloved Pooh Bear (as she said "here ya go" and she made Pooh kiss me too). She was just so sweet in the morning!

The rest of the morning she was very cooperative as well and very helpful. She helped me dress her, she put back the diaper supplies, and was great through breakfast. She even laid down on her own for her diaper change with no fuss. She normally is great in the morning but occasionally doesn't want to get dressed! Lately I have been asking her to help me and she loves it!

I just love how loving, sweet, and caring she is!

No comments: