It was a pretty sunset especially with the snow on the ground
Alex pulling her sled
Papa pulling Alex on the sled
"Help please!"
One of her many laps around the driveway
Look at me standing on top of the snow!
Sitting down is fun too
The snow went up to her mid waist
She liked just walking up and down the path
I'm ready mom!
We went out and for a while she just walked around the driveway and on the walkway in front of the house. Finally I sat her in the snow and stood her on the snow because it was compacted enough for her to stand. Then I sat down with her (and couldn't get up! Luckily our neighbor Greg stopped by and gave me a hand!) and we took a walk through the yard. Alex has had a runny nose and cough so I wanted to take her in. Let's just say that the girl's lungs work really well! She screamed and made it difficult for us to get her clothes off. She was upset for about 8 minutes or so but calmed down.
Then Sunday came and we took her out again. This time to do some sled riding. We ended up staying out a little longer but I decided when to go in because I was freezing! I had on jeans and trying to make a path for sledding meant that I ended up going under the snow and being snow covered. So we got a few runs in and Alex said "weeeeeeeeeeeeee" as we went down the hill but then came the dreaded going in time. As soon as we headed for the house she knew and started kicking. She was screaming again when we went in but luckily I knew she loves to color so after he clothes were off I said "Do you want to color?" and in the middle of a lung filled crying scream she got calm and said "yes!" So the crayons and coloring book saved my day!
So more snow is on the way - could be a foot more - so who knows if we will make it out. I just dread the whole coming in part! I love that she loves it outside and has such a good time but I just hate how upset she gets when it's time to come in. I guess she just has to learn that when I say it's time to come in we need to and she may not be happy but she'll get over it!
No comments:
Post a Comment