Sunday, February 28, 2010

What a busy day!

Today was such a busy day for us. I'm glad that Alexandra decided to sleep until 7:30 (she did get up at 5 but then went back to sleep). We hung out in the morning and then heading to church at 10:30. It's been a while since we have gone to church and Alex has not been there for a long time too. We used to go weekly and a while back we wanted to get Alexandra baptized. Well because of us moving and us not being here in the summer we haven't been able to commit to the current church of which we are members. Before we got married we became members of the church but apparently there was some issue and they were not willing to baptize Alex unless we would be fully committed. So we decided not to attend that church anymore because we couldn't be fully committed as we lived in new town (2 hours away!) and we decided that we would no longer attend and that we wanted to find a church in Chadds Ford anyways because we want to go and want to have Alexandra go with us.

Well Chris's Aunt said that we could probably have Alexandra baptized at her church , possibly this Easter, and we would just need to attend and set up some meetings with the pastor. We went today for the first time and were able to meet the pastor afterwards and talk and he said he would be happy to baptize her. We will meet a few times to discuss the baptism and then to talk about the service. So after going today we would like to continue to go on the weekends until I move down with Chris.

But anyways, that was just some background.

Alexandra was pretty good during the service. She was quiet - she colored and really just looked around but seemed a little antsy at one point so Chris took her out. The church has a nursery and Chris came back without Alex. We had wondered if we should take her there to begin but we decided to see how she was in church with us first. The people there were really nice and said that if we needed to take her out in the middle that was fine. Well when Chris came back without Alex my heart sank because I was just worried that she wouldn't be ok. I continued to ask him questions like - "She saw you leave right?" and "You said you would be back right??" and just other things because she has never met the people there before and I worried she would be scared or whatever. Chris reassured me that she was fine. Of course I continued to ask questions about her and my heart just felt this pain of missing her and concern for her for a while. As I asked my questions and he reassured me I even got teary eyed for a moment. Pooh bear (and this is her BELOVED pooh bear was laying on the pew and her binky too - which I have been transitioning away from) and that made me think - oh no - she doesn't have Pooh or her binky!

But anyways, after church we went to get her and she was sitting on the lady's lap reading a book and she said she didn't fuss one bit. Thank goodness! She said that Alex kept saying "help please" because she needed help with the toys. At least she used her manners!

After church we met in the main room for some bagels and to chat a little and met some of the people of the church who were all very nice! It was very welcoming.

Then we headed to brunch at Denny's and Alex was pretty good there too. Then finally, we went to Target for a few things and by that time Alex was getting pretty tired. She was slouching in the cart and looked like she was going to fall asleep. Sure enough she did in the car. When we got home I wanted to change her diaper so that she wasn't soaking wet while sleeping. She ended up waking up and didn't go back to sleep. I tried laying with her, tried her in her crib, laying with her again. The little tyke wanted to play and she would lay down with me and just look at me and say HIIIIIIIIIII and poke at my eyes and say "eyes" etc etc etc. Well I thought, I may as well keep her up so I did but she was a little cranky. After dinner she was fine but she must have been pooped by tonight. I know I was!


No comments: