Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Just Like Mom

Alexandra just said something cute this morning that I wanted to remember - I use this blog not only to share fun things and milestones that are happening in our lives but also for a journal so that I can remember things for myself down the road. I don't have a good memory so I am glad that I can just come back online and see what was going on for myself. I wasn't really good at writing everything down in her baby book either. Hopefully now that I am going to be at home with her I can find some time to do some scrapbooking because I have piles of pictures that I can use.

Anyways, back to the title. Today I was doing a "practice run" for Alexandra's birthday cake so I was making my cake. Of course Alexandra wants up on the counter when she sees me cooking. She loves just watching and helping out. When I was done getting the cake in the oven she wanted to put on my oven mitts so I said - How about you go over to your kitchen and make me a cake too. She went over and I got her her mini oven mitt to put on and she said "Just like mom!" It was so cute. And then she made me a scrumptious plastic chocolate chip cookie and hamburger bun that she brought me on her spatula. Boy she is a really good cook -that was the best plastic cookie I ever ate!


No comments: