Wednesday, June 23, 2010
I Spoke Too Soon
So yesterday I posted that everything was going good with Alexandra's bed and then last night came. Each night we continue to read books but recently she is very good at "stalling" the whole let's go to bed process. She still goes to bed fine it just takes a little longer than before. Up until now she would just sit in her bed either whining or saying Mommmy....mommmmy (I used a bunch of "mmms" to show how she draws it out!) and then I would go get her. Well last night again she woke up around 1:30 and cried Mommy.....Mommy.....and I told Chris - I'm just going to let her go. Well I heard the Mommy getting closer and closer and wouldn't ya know it she got out of bed and came over to our room. Chris met her at the door and picked her up and laid her down with us for a minute. Right away I was seeing Supernanny flashes of her saying how bad habits start when the kids go and sleep in the parent's bed. So I took her back to her room and rocked her and talked with her telling her that Mommy sleeps in her bed and that she needs to sleep in her own bed. So I read her a book and put her back to bed. Ok. great. About 10 minutes later.....moooommmmmy......moooommmmmy.....and then she is in our room again. Oh man. I knew it wouldn't be long that she would figure out that you could actually get out of the bed and walk over to our room. So again, I picked her up, this time put her right back into bed and she went back to sleep. She did sleep until 7 which was nice but I am hoping that is is not going to be an everyday thing. After I put her back to bed the second time I told Chris - this is going to be a lonnnnng night! Luckily it was just those two times that she got up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment