Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A New Pediatrician

One of the many joys (sarcasm here) of moving involve finding new doctors, dentists, etc for our family. We found a hospital to go to last year about a week after moving in when Chris had to have emergency surgery on his appendix. Since Chris technically lived here more than I did he already found a dentist and family doctor but I needed to find a new pediatrician for Alexandra. I needed to make her 2 year appointment so I called the practice that one of Chris's old co-workers recommended and lucky for us they are taking new patients. Another bonus is that when I went into my first prenatal appointment I got a folder for the Chester County Hospital (where I will be giving birth - and also the hospital where Chris was) and in the folder they have a list of family doctors and Pediatricians associated with the hospital. So lucky for me the same doctor that was recommended is pretty local for us and is also on their list. I was trying to think ahead because I didn't want to sign Alex up for a doctor and 7 months later switch - I wanted to start off with a Pediatrician that would come into the hospital and that would be our Pediatrician from here on out - or at least until we move again. So I finally got an appointment for her in September - which wasn't any earlier than her old practice would see her anyways. One thing that is really good about staying at home is that I can take her in during any time in the day - and don't have to juggle my schedule, leave work early, etc. Although, with most of my appointments I may have to do that with Chris. I could take her to my appointments since they will be pretty quick but if at all possible I would rather just go alone and have Chris watch Alex.

So I am just happy that one more thing I had to do has been crossed off of my list.

No comments: