Wednesday, August 25, 2010
What's That Called Mommy?
Recently Alexandra has been wanting to know everything about everything. She has been so curious about learning new words and figuring out what things are called. Ever since birth I have talked with Alexandra about what I was doing, what I was using, etc. I finally stopped narrating my life when she got a little older. I don't know how many times I would narrate what I was doing even when she wasn't around - "Mommy is washing her hair...." wait a minute - Alex is sleeping, why am I talking to myself??? Anyways, I think all of that narration has paid off. But just recently if she doesn't know the specific name of something she will say "Mommy - what is that called?" and I will tell her. Sometimes she does it even when she does know what the object is but I love that she is so interested in learning new words. It's so funny to hear her say big words like samurai, hippopotamus, and other words she picks up from watching some of her cartoons. Today she was looking at her farm book at the vegetable page and didn't know what cauliflower was so she called across the room - "Mommy - what's this called??" and she brought her book over to me to point to the picture. I told her and then had a talk with her about eating veggies. She has been anti-veggie lately and I just wish she would eat some!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment