Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Day After Christmas Snow

On Christmas Day it flurried a little but the day after Christmas we got our first significant snowfall that needed to be shoveled. I had no idea what to expect but we were supposed to get 8-12 inches. I think we got right around 8 inches or so. That morning I needed to make a run out to Target because neither Alex or have snow boots. Actually I haven't owned a pair of boots since I was little - I always just used my sneakers but I thought it was about time to get some waterproof boots. I figured they would be a good thing to have not only for this year but for the years to come. I also picked up a sled but I had no plans on using it being almost 7 months pregnant. Getting my clothes and boots on was hard enough!

While Chris went out to shovel Alex and I went out to hang out. I figured this could be her opportunity to play in the snow. She really had a good time. And the best part is that her snow pants from last year still fit - last year they were HUGE but this year they are just right! The bad part was that I had to wear Chris's clothes and they didn't even fit me. I could barely get the jacket zipped up past my belly and his old ski pants actually wouldn't even button so I just pulled my coat down over them. And if Alex fell......boy that was a struggle! I could barely bend over to help her up. I guess there is always next year for sled riding!

I could barely fit into these clothes!
Alex is already to go outside
I taught her how to clap her hands together to get the snow off
She kept falling into the snow like this - and couldn't always get up so I tried my best to help her get up
To Alexandra this was a big pile of snow
After we came in we had hot chocolate with marshmallows
Hot cocoa on the couch
What goes great with hot chocolate?? A chocolate chip cookie!

No comments: